Sunday, April 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Son!

April 11, 2010 - 5 years old

5 years ago today was one of the happiest and scariest moments of my life. After a near perfect pregnancy and a labor that was progressing just like normal, our little Aidan gave us all a big reason to pray when his heartrate dropped off the chart. After a rushed emergency c-section in which Mommy was put to sleep and Daddy was left to pray outside the delivery room, he was delivered a perfect and healthy baby boy 8 minutes later. I can't imagine my life without you Aidan. You have added so much joy and life to our home. You are the most amazing big brother and have such a tender and sweet heart. And boy are you smart too! I adore you and am so thankful God chose me to be your mommy. I am so proud of the sweet little boy you have become.

A few of your favorite things:
  • playing outside
  • going for a walk or bike ride to the willow tree
  • Bernstein Bears books
  • temporary tattoos
  • blueberries
  • whoopie cushions
  • Starfall
  • bread with butter and cinnamon and sugar
  • The cartoons Oswald and Franklin every morning
  • breakfast (you sometimes tell me 2 or 3 things you want for breakfast, eat it all, and usually ask for more. This is the only meal you truly clear your plate and like eating.)
  • Toy Story (Buzz Lightyear)
  • Cars (from the movie)
  • candy (any and all especially Pez)
  • Oreos
  • licking the beaters after Mommy makes something
  • playing freeze tag
  • Legos
  • playing in the snow
  • building things and being a builder man
  • the color red like his Daddy
  • playing ice cream truck outside in the driveway
  • Sesame chicken (just like momma)
  • Sissy
  • istening to his music in the car (his bible songs)
  • singing - he makes up songs almost every time we are in the car and they sound great!
  • playing with your grandparents
  • celebrating when you get a new freckle
  • Mommy and Daddy

    You are such a sweet and special little boy. Even though you may be growing up, you will always be my baby Aidan. My first born redhead. My son. I love you and Happy Birthday sweetie! xoxox Mommy

No comments: