Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Visit from Illinois

We were so happy that Meme, Uncle Jake, and Uncle Kaleb were able to come and visit for 5 days to celebrate Aidan's birthday. We really had a great time together. Matt was able to take off work Friday and Monday which was nice too.

The kids went with me in their jammies to pick everyone up at the airport. Aidan has gone before and is always so good, but this time we decided to let Asher go too. The kids were amazing even though it was a really LATE night. Their flight got in at 11:20! The kids did sleep a couple of hours before I got them up to leave, and thankfully were happy as can be the next day.

We had the best time. We took pictures in the bluebonnets, had sushi (a must when mom is here!), made family dinners and ordered in Chinese, played lots of cards, went to Be My Cupcake, went swimming at the YMCA, played LOTS of freeze tag, played with Legos, watched some new movies, and had 2 birthday parties! Sounds busy, but really we just had so much fun hanging out together.

I tried to limit my pictures, but I have been on a picture frenzy lately.



Kaleb, Jake, and Mom happy to be in Texas!
Big Tex (Aren't they all called that?) the longhorn we saw on our way to take pictures in the bluebonnets.
Aidan (2 days away from the big 5) and Asher 2 1/2



Meme and her grandbabies



Kaleb giving Mom flowers


Aidan picking flowers. He is such a sweet boy and ALWAYS picks me flowers. I love it.


Ash and Meme with matching hairdoos.


Ashy looking stylin hanging out with Daddy. She wears her glasses rain or shine indoors and out.


Happy 5th Birthday Aidan!
2 sleepy kids smiling at each other.

Meme and Aidan


Uncle Jake and Aidan with our long standing family tradition of playing with Legos. Started when Jake was a kid and all of us enjoy playing with them still.


More Legos


Our family ready to head to church.


Aidan and Uncle Kaleb.


Buzz Lightyear to the rescue!


Our family birthday party with the cake Aidan requested: A blueberry toy story cake. I added blue food coloring to a white cake mix then topped it with berries and his toy story figurines.


Matt ready to attack my brothers with the dart gun from Uncle Zach.


Take a look at Aidan in this picture.


Now take a look at him here.


Aidan and Asher looking like they are on a serious sugar high.


Mom and Uncle Zach talking about facebook.


Mom's crew

Dad's crew


A get together in our family is not complete without playing cards. I learned how to play as soon as I could hold the cards. This was Texas Rummy and I think Jake won. Then Zach schooled us the next night.


The Monument Cafe in Georgetown. Best.Breakfast.Ever.



Cupcakes from Be My Cupcake in Round Rock. They are amazing!


Ash, Meme, and Aidan

My brothers Jake, Zach, and Kaleb. This is my second attempt at this picture and apparently Jake is over it.


Ashy and Meme stylin with their glasses.

I don't even know what to say about this picture. Yes, they are licking their toes. No, nobody told them to and Aidan started on his own and Sissy joined in. No, I don't know why. No, I didn't tell them to stop. Yes, we laughed like crazy!


The sad sad walk to the airport.

Aidan and Meme xoxox
Ashy and Jakey - she does love her Jakey.

My little brother who's not so little anymore.
Thanks for coming to visit us. We miss you guys and can't wait to see you soon!!

No comments: